"When some of my friends have asked me anxiously about their boys, whether they should let them hunt, I have answered, yes - remembering that it was one of the best parts of my education - make them hunters."

Henry David Thoreau, 1854


“A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.” - Robert Boatman


Thursday, June 26, 2008

The "Supremes" decide?

Today is the day the fateful decision will be made public. Since I get to work today I won't know what it is until later tonight.

How will this effect us here in Western Colorado? I expect if the Supreme Court decision is in favor of the Constitution much will stay the same. On the other hand if they decide to interpret the Constitution incorrectly there will be no doubt some action of some sort. How about a "OPEN CARRY" demonstration one way or the other?

Here is an early article:

WASHINGTON - Anxious District officials prepared Wednesday to respond if the city’s handgun ban is struck down when the U.S. Supreme Court issues its decision in a case challenging that ban, a ruling the court signaled will come today. D.C. Council Chairman Vincent Gray said the high court was not likely to come down on the District’s side in D.C. v. Heller.

Link to full article

No comments: