THE APG IDPA WHITEWATER CREW IS SETTING UP FOR THEIR NEXT MATCH – October 2, 2010
Set your calendars for Saturday, October 2, 2010.
SO’S GET YOUR STAGES IN EARLY FOR FIRST CHOICE OF RANGE AND EQUIPMENT
Stay ready for “GUNS in the SUN” BUT REALIZE IT MAY BE CHILY IN THE MORNING and bring something to keep yourself hydrated. Also be prepared for the NO-SEE-UMS bring plenty bug spray.
Also bring light “cover.”
The Action Pistol Group IDPA Match –whitewater will be held on Saturday October 2, 2010
This will be the 8th APG IDPA Match for the year 2010.
Particulars for this month:
1. Sign-ups at 8:30 am; match starts at 9:30 am with a brief safety meeting. PLEASE DON’T BE LATE. We want to get an early start to avoid the heat.
2. Cost is $20.00 for four stages. (or the Classifier – see special instructions below)
3. IDPA members should be prepared to show proof of their
membership. If you have shot an APG IDPA Match before you must be a
member of the IDPA to shoot with us again. Check the web at
IDPA.COM. It costs $40.00 per year and you get a SNAZZY IDPA cap with the Membership – whoopee!!!
4. First time shooters or those with no IDPA match experience will be required to attend a First Time Safety Meeting to assure that new shooters to IDPA get one-on-one oversight and direction before facing the vagaries of the stages presented at IDPA matches.
NEW SHOOTERS AND FIRST TIME IDPA SHOOTERS
MUST ARRIVE AT THE RANGE NO LATER THAN 8:00 AM
5. Bring a concealment garment (shirt, vest or jacket). You can expect to use cover on some or all stages.
6. We recommend you bring at least 150 - 200 rounds for your firearm.
7. First Timers, we require only a $10.00 entry fee. We are more interested in you coming out and getting the “bug.” In addition, an experienced IDPA shooter who brings one or more First Time IDPA shooters as a guest(s) will pay only $10.00 instead of the usual entry fee for the match. Remember, there is nothing to fear from experienced IDPA shooters. They will usually bend over backwards to assist new shooters (be careful, they might be able to draw and fire accurately from that position).
8. If you bring a first time shooter or someone with no match experience please arrive before 8:00 am and advise us at sign up and before the regular safety meeting that your guest or you are a First Time IDPA Shooter.
IF WE GET REQUESTS FROM FIVE SHOOTERS WHO WANT TO TAKE A CLASIFIER (FIRST COME FIRST SERVED) WE WILL TRY TO ARRANGE a Classifier FOR THEM. Please contact me ASAP if you wish to take the Classifier.
CERTIFIED SO’s WOULD YOU KINDLY GET YOUR STAGES TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.IT WILL HELP IF YOU GIVE US TWO OR THREE CHOICES FOR YOU TO RUN. THIS WILL GIVE US A BANK OF STAGES TO DRAW FROM IN THE COMING MONTHS. FIRST STAGES IN WILL GET FIRST CHOICE FOR EQUIPMENT AND RANGE.
Any Questions? Call or E-mail – I guarantee you won’t be speaking to a person in India.
Okay, now get your gear prepped and come on down on October 2, 2010, and
Keep 'em all in the Zeroes
Joseph W. Olt, Jr., Director
Action Pistol Group IDPA
P.O. Box 1421
Grand Junction CO 81502
(970) 243-1177 FAX