"When some of my friends have asked me anxiously about their boys, whether they should let them hunt, I have answered, yes - remembering that it was one of the best parts of my education - make them hunters."

Henry David Thoreau, 1854


“A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.” - Robert Boatman


Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pro Second Amendment Committee Essay Contest Winner


Our Right to Bear Arms

James W.
Fruita Middle School
(Middle School 1st Place)

Our founding fathers wrote “A well-regulated militia, being necessary to secure the free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed” (Amendment 2).


I Think that this is one of the most important rights we have. It protects all of our other rights. If we didn’t have that right there really couldn’t be an America. If these right are not in place, we probably would get attacked a lot. What’s great about this right is there is no way anybody can take it away, because the constitution doesn’t say the right to bear anns should not be infringed it says it shall not be infringed and shall mean this is how it’s going to be if you like it or not. If someone even tries to take it away, I think they should be taken out of office immediately. If the right to bear arms got taken away America would not be what it is today, and our freedoms would be gone.


All our rights are important but the right to bear arms is the most important of them all. Like I said before it protects all of our other rights. If tenorist attack The United States of America their going to kill civilians even if they do not have a gun. I don’t know about you. But! I want to be able to protect myself Also, I love to hunt with a rifle and it would make me really MAD if I couldn’t. The people who obey the law’s won’t have guns and you know the bad guys will. The bad guys could just go to some place were there are no police at the time and just start shooting people then by the time the police get and there it will be too late.

No comments: