"When some of my friends have asked me anxiously about their boys, whether they should let them hunt, I have answered, yes - remembering that it was one of the best parts of my education - make them hunters."

Henry David Thoreau, 1854


“A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.” - Robert Boatman


Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gun dealers experiencing shortages of bullets

Selling bullets may be the most secure job in Florida as long as supplies last.

After months of heavy buying, gun dealers across the state are experiencing shortages.

Some say it began with the election of President Barack Obama. Others say it's about the economic downturn or fear of crime. Whatever the reasons, ammunition has been selling like plywood and bottled water in the days before a hurricane.

____________LINK to full story at the Orlando Sentinel.

Here in Grand Junction, I had to wait a day to resuply. So I am all stocked up for awhile. Maybe it will soon be time to "roll your own" so to speak. A lot of folks are already doing that anyway.

Thanks for the tip Gene.

No comments: