"When some of my friends have asked me anxiously about their boys, whether they should let them hunt, I have answered, yes - remembering that it was one of the best parts of my education - make them hunters."

Henry David Thoreau, 1854


“A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.” - Robert Boatman


Monday, July 6, 2009

Guns, God, words and crowds

Paul Danish, frequent speaker at the Pro Second Amendment Committee Awards banquet, pens an accurate and insightful essay pointing to the dangers that the American "Bill of Rights" protect for its citizens.

Guns are dangerous things. But the qualities that make guns dangerous are the same ones that empower people and make them free...

The kindergarten assertion that “sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me” is demonstrable rubbish...


LINK to the article published by the Boulder Weekly.

Also at the link below is an article by Pamela White. This is a follow up article to "Pamela White Takes the Gun Challenge" and "Uncensored--Lock and Load".

The break-in
A personal evolution of opinion on gun-ownership rights.

...there’s my obligation as a mother and a neighbor, not to mention my obligation to myself. Suffering martyrdom for a noble cause is one thing; allowing myself to be raped and killed in order to show compassion to violent criminals is another.