"When some of my friends have asked me anxiously about their boys, whether they should let them hunt, I have answered, yes - remembering that it was one of the best parts of my education - make them hunters."

Henry David Thoreau, 1854


“A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.” - Robert Boatman


Friday, April 3, 2009

IDPA April Match @ Whitewater

Shootists:

It appears we will not be shooting tomorrow April 4, 2009. The rain has come to haunt the safety conscious.
It would, in the opinion of many, be unsafe to slog around in the clayey mud that builds up on your shoes and other gear, so I am calling the game off.
In the event something changes by this evening, I will get back to you for an improbable re-start.
Sorry. Perhaps more of us could redouble our efforts in requesting the Man upstairs give us a decent day to shoot next month May 2, 2009.
Onc again, I would like all to start signing up no later than 8:30 so we can get in to the shooting. I expect we will have quite a few new shooters and the safety meeting may be a bit longer as this will be the first shoot of the year for APG IDPA Whitewater.
I just re-checked and there is a 60% chance of rain tomorrow - unfortunately, as we have many coming from the East, we have to call the game off.
I'll recontact you soon.

Keep paracticing, we have a great match planned.
Keep 'em down range
JOLT