"When some of my friends have asked me anxiously about their boys, whether they should let them hunt, I have answered, yes - remembering that it was one of the best parts of my education - make them hunters."

Henry David Thoreau, 1854


“A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.” - Robert Boatman


Saturday, July 12, 2008

Radio Program

This has nothing to do with Shooting but I can't help but note that I will be dong my radio program this Sunday morning!! (Note the photo at the bottom of this page at the left) I share a time slot with Costa (our programs run every other Sunday--mine this week--his next) My program is called "Going Up Yonder" I play a variety of Gospel music starting at 6:00 A.M. with bluegrass and then shift to some more modern A Cappella at around 7:30 AM. The program runs until 9:00 on KAFM 88.1. KAFM streams its programing on the Web at KAFM so my program has the potential of the whole world!


On another note I will be participating in the New Instructor Academy for Hunter Safety Instructors today July 12, 2008. I hope to have some fun learning a new discipline involving more than just firearms safety. I have always enjoyed teaching and am looking forward to learning this program produced by the Colorado Division of Wildlife.

No comments: